EASTER SUNDAY AFTERNOON

A Boat Trip, a Cable Car, and Dinner with Friends

Went back to the stretch of 'coast' I'd been on earlier and explored the things I'd seen earlier that I wanted to look at more. Amazingly, I found a bay boat trip that would take me on a 50min trip under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz for $10 so I jumped aboard! It was cold and breezy out on the water - I knew there was a reason I'd been lugging my jacket around with me all morning! Had to have find coffee when we disembarked cos I'd been up at 4am two days in a row! I know you're supposed to take Holy Week carefully but these were once in a lifetime experiences, so worth dragging myself out of bed for! Did some wandering and took a photo across the park of where I'd spent my early morning. Then I decided to add another leg to my exciting adventure. I was watching people on cable cars and realized that if I got the bus onto California street to then go all the way down California street to the BART station, I'd be going pretty much the full length of one of the cable car tracks! SO, I decided I'd pay extra to take the cable car all the way down (and up!) that street! I walked back a block to get full value for my money, of course! At the other end, got on BART, exhausted, for the under-bay trip back to Berkeley, then dragged myself up the hill to CDSP just in time for a dinner party I'd been invited to that evening with some friends who live in apartments just outside the school! Had a wonderful evening and a delicious meal. It was a PERFECT DAY!

Above: if you follow the harbour wall in the distance all the way to the right, where you can just about make out a cylindrical structure - that's where I was standing to watch the sunrise.

Above: view up California street from the cable car stop

Above: our reflection in a window. I got to sit facing out - it was so much fun! You can just about make me out in a brown skirt & lavender top with a bright red bag on my lap!