THE INFAMOUS PIER 39

"San Francisco's Premier Bay Attraction"



The day before Palm Sunday I was getting bored of everyone staying in their rooms working at the weekends. Lately I've met up most weekends with Sam, one of the new students who's transferred here from a different seminary in Texas. We like having conversations about our different seminary experiences and how we find CDSP. It's wonderful having a meal or coffee with Sam at the weekend!

Anyway, that Saturday even though the weather wasn't great I decided I was going into SF to get away from my room and people working. Intended to go to the Cable Car Museum but ended up walking along the embarcadero once I crossed the bay. I knew somewhere along there there was a touristy pier that Lynne had taken me to in September and I knew the pier number ended with a 9! Walked up to pier 9, and thought it must be pier 19, so walked 10 more mins to pier 19 then realised it must be pier 29..... Half an hour later I reached pier 39! It reminded me of Margate condensed! Shops and cafes aimed at tourists basically. It was fun despite the wind and the fact that it was trying to rain. The sea lions were there. Also there were lots of St Patricks Day celebrations going on. Just wandered round taking photos and looking at some of the tourist tack in the shops.