PALM SUNDAY

Youth Led Service at the Methodist Church

Went for a walk through CAL campus and took a couple of photos of the blossom as the sun was rising on my way to the Sunday morning breakfast for the homeless in the park not too far away. When I came back from talking with a couple of people there, went to find someone I'd met a week earlier who works at the Methodist church and also sometimes helps with the breakfast in the park. Couldn't find him but got invited into the Methodist church by a student who recognised me from a class we took together over the Christmas break. He's in charge of the youth there and on Palm Sunday the youth provide breakfast then lead the service (very appropriately!). So I sat and chatted with members of that congegation over a breakfast burrito the kids made for me. A little later, went to the service and enjoyed guitars and drums which I've yet to find in an Episcopal church and a couple of short homilies where teenagers shared something they'd been learning from God. Hooray! I really like the idea of the youth leading a Palm Sunday service!


Above: The famous clock tower at the University.

Above: blossom in front of the University library

Above: inside Trinity

Above: Jesus predicts his coming death later in the week in Trinity's courtyard