
I first encountered this at St Mark's at the Easter Vigil and we've done it a few times in chapel at CDSP since we got back after Easter: There's a little chant to a kind of American (I think, though possibly African) folk tune we sing while being sprinkled towards the beginning of our Eucharists:
"Christ is risen from the dead,
trampling down death by death,
and on those in the tombs bestowing life"
What I love most about it is that we stamp on the beat while singing it! (Outside chapel I've been getting friends to stomp the main beats, and I've been stomping exciting offbeats! This is my idea of fun!) Makes me nostalgic of the Anglican church of Kenya! Even the Kenyans themselves said I have African blood in me. Anyway, those of you who know me will know how much I LOVE this little bit of liturgy! Very effective when everyone's doing it! But it gets stuck in your head....