Last Sunday was my liturgical birthday (I was born on Pentecost Sunday)! Chris and Ricardo had been wanting to take me to a ball game and the only game I could get to was Pentecost Sunday at the ballpark in San Francisco. So Chris, his wife Celeste, and I went to their church's early service. I went for a walk before the service began around the town which was very quaint and arty. The inside of the church was beautiful. We went out for breakfast after church with other members of the congregation at a diner kind of place - this seems to be a pretty common tradition for people to do after church. Then we travelled on into SF to the ballpark where Ricardo met us. I got given a free baseball cap which was a nice surprise. Our seats had amazing views and I didn't find it boring. I played rounders for years so it made sense to me and I got really into it. Someone scored a home run at one point and the SF team won the game in the end! Wonderful all-American experience!
Above: an English style tea room in Benicia

Above: beautiful!!!

Above: view of the bay from our seats

Above: more bay views from where we were sitting

Above: SF 'Giants' v Philadelphia 'Phillies'

Above: the big screen

Above: the concourse where Ricardo insisted on buying me a hotdog

Above: singing in the '7th inning stretch'
This song's been added since 9/11

Above: the traditional '7th inning stretch' song

Above: Chris, Celeste, me and Ricardo